incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Cassandra into the Incubator
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:19:03 GMT

> Ian, since you are the one driving this... would you mind working with
> the project team on improving the proposal? ...and then consider a
> re-submit?

at the moment we have 4 '+1's (including mine) and one -1, and another
~45 hours to go.

We have had the project in 'discussion' for about a month, so I'm
reluctant to withdraw the vote and re-submit in a couple of months as It
might be detrimental to the project. It was my fault we waited until the
23rd to submit, we should have submitted it on the Monday (mea culpa).

Remember.. this is a vote to enter incubation, not to exit. The project
(and community) behind it isn't perfect and in it's current state would
never graduate. But we're not  even thinking of exiting yet, and the
possibility of failing should not stop the project from entering in the
first place. (IMHO).

Ian