incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Cassandra Incubator Proposal
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:45:27 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Isn't the champion expected to be the ubermentor anyway? Or to
> rephrase this: does the vote of the champion not count? ... or can one
> person be champion and mentor?

Yes and should be called out as both.

> BTW: Just realized I am not members of the Incubator PMC. Wasn't aware
> that's required.

Yes, but that's usually easy to remedy as an ASF member, email the private
incubator.apache.org list with a request to join the committee.  ASF members
are strongly preferred as mentors by virtue of the fact that they have "been
around the block" of the ASF, so to speak.

Bill