incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <>
Subject Re: Champion needed for Incubator proposal
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 01:31:24 GMT
Looks like that link didn't come through quite right. The message I was referring to is dated
Fri, 21 Nov, 15:07. In any event, the Swing issues will be reviewed in more detail in the

On Thursday, December 18, 2008, at 08:25PM, "Greg Brown" <> wrote:
>I'll admit that I'm not terribly familiar with Spring Rich Client, but it appears to be
based on Swing. We believe that Swing has a number of inherent limitations that make it a
less than ideal foundation for future development (
>However, I agree that collaborating on a common framework would be desirable. We would
like to see Pivot become that common framework.
>On Thursday, December 18, 2008, at 03:49PM, "melutovich" <>
>>What is the difference between Pivot and Spring Rich Client?  Wouldn't it be
>>better to work together on a single framework?
>>Sent from the Apache Incubator - General mailing list archive at
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: