incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ian Holsman" <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Cassandra Incubator Proposal
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 08:48:46 GMT
Hi Guys.

my 2c's

you need to put the employer names of the initial commiters.

The reliance on salaried employee's is misleading, as Facebook employs the
majority of the core developers, and at one stage they were dedicated to
maintaining this.

Another risk I would put down is lack of experience with open source
projects and culture, as this is something that will have to be learnt by
the core developers, and is still a large risk (imho) for this project not
succeeding.

Regards
Ian