incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access to nameprotect.com for podling
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:36:44 GMT
Hirsch, Richard wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> It was a little bit strange to see mails from 2004 describing the same problem. I would
assume that all podlings have the same problem.

> Since I have seen recent podlings (from 2007) who have performed this task, I'm hoping
that there is some sort of a work-around.

See the new document:
 http://www.apache.org/dev/project-names.html
 "Choosing names for ASF projects"

-David

> Thanks for the link to the JIRA issue.
>
> -Dick
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> see here:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-27
>
> we faced the issue already in the past, but looks like no "solution"
> to that is actually (right now) available.
>
> -Matthias
>
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Hirsch, Richard
> <richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to work on the podling status page for ESME and have reached a stumbling
point with the first task regarding checking of the trademark on www.nameprotect.com for which
a login is required

> > I searched in the "general" incubator mailing lists and found references to the
same problem as far back as 2005 but didn't find any answers describing how to deal with the
problem.