incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] ESME - The Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:23:19 GMT
Darren Hague <dhague@fortybeans.com> writes:

> I would like to propose ESME as a project for the Apache Incubator.
>
> Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment (ESME) is a secure and highly
> scalable microsharing and micromessaging platform that allows people
> to discover and meet one another and get controlled access to other
> sources of information, all in a business process context. ESME is
> written in Scala and uses the Lift web framework.
>
> Please see http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ESMEProposal for details.
>
> Since this is my first Apache project, any and all feedback is welcome

Welcome!

Just want to add that I've volunteered to Champion and mentor this
project.  We're still looking for other mentors.

> I will call for a vote a few days after relevant messages on the list
> reduce to a trickle and people seem happy with the proposal.

With ApacheCon this week, we'll want to give this a little extra time.
I'd wait to hold a vote until next week at the earliest.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905