incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Stonehenge
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:54:45 GMT
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Michael Champion
<Michael.Champion@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'd also point out that there are free SDKs and Express versions of most of the Microsoft
development tools [1], targeted at non-commercial developers.  See  [2] for a neutral discussion
of what has been left out of the Express editions.

> So, while these tools are not open source, there are no barriers that I know of against
using them to build and test open source software.

> [1] http://www.microsoft.com/express/ (Designed for, but usable without Silverlight)
> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Visual_Studio_Express

great

creating a short guide to getting involved in open source on .NET
might help stronehenge encourage contributors

- robert