incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Stonehenge
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:54:45 GMT
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Michael Champion
<> wrote:
> I'd also point out that there are free SDKs and Express versions of most of the Microsoft
development tools [1], targeted at non-commercial developers.  See  [2] for a neutral discussion
of what has been left out of the Express editions.
> So, while these tools are not open source, there are no barriers that I know of against
using them to build and test open source software.
> [1] (Designed for, but usable without Silverlight)
> [2]

creating a short guide to getting involved in open source on .NET
might help stronehenge encourage contributors

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message