incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Incubator Report November 2008
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:11:49 GMT
Update:

> The most contentious, and it isn't very contentious at that, discussion is
> regarding the Helenus proposal, which is to incubate an already existing
> fork of Facebook's Cassandra project, ostensibly because Cassandra is dead
> from a community perspective, with Facebook being absentee landlords.
> Because of that, the community has already forked the project, and is
> looking for a home.  Ian Holsman is our point of contact with that
community
> at present, and proposed Incubation.

As of late this afternoon: "The latest news on this is that the original
developers of Cassandra have chosen to incubate this directly, which I think
is great news."  As we understand it, the Helenus proposal will be tabled
and the original Cassandra project will be proposed for Incubation, with
both the original developers and the forking community joining together.
This seems an excellent and desireable outcome.

	--- Noel