incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kamaljit Bath <>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Stonehenge
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:09:59 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Fremantle []
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:22 AM
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Stonehenge

Great feedback. I think we should keep a clear statement in the SVN
and distros that identifies which parts of the project use which
dependencies. I also think we should structure the build so that each
different framework implementation of each application is a separate
build target. We can then put together an overall build that does
cross-framework build and test.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Paul Fremantle <> wrote:
>> ...The full proposal is here:
> That says "future contributions could depend on proprietary systems
> such as Microsoft .Net or commercial JEE servers", which IIUC means
> that some parts of Stonehenge might not be buildable or testable using
> open source tools.
> We certainly already have some such code in our projects, and I'm no
> against that - but I'd like the Stonehenge people to keep such parts
> well separated, to allow people who only use open source tools to
> benefit from the project as well.
> As the project is about interoperability, that's somewhat obvious
> anyway, but still worth mentioning IMHO.
> -Bertrand
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2