incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Asking for Feedback: CouchDB Graduation
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:52:59 GMT
On Nov 3, 2008, at 4:53 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> I haven't been following CouchDB but a PMC of five seems small - you
> only have to loose a couple of people and you're on the verge of not
> being a viable project. I took a look through the lists and from what
> I can see CouchDB entered incubation with four committers in February
> (the proposal listed six, but apparently was a mistake[1]) and has
> added one new person just over a month ago[2].

As far as I know we don't have a quota on the minimum size of a
community, other than the 3 +1's required to do a release.   I know
that we have some numerical metrics around incubation/graduation
(notably the diversity requirement), but those are always intended to
be applied in conjunction with an actual examination of the
community.   Could you please take some time to check the archives and
see if your concerns still apply?

Thanks,

Ted