incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Stonehenge
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 15:22:40 GMT
Robert

> sounds like a worthwhile initiative
Thanks for the feedback!

> i like the idea but i do wonder a little whether the practical scope
> of the project needs some more rounding out

I agree it would make sense to help tie down what would make this a
successful project, release, etc.
Any thoughts on how to make this more concrete?

> AFAICT (hopefully the committers will jump in and correct any
> misunderstandings) the project seems likely to consist of independent
> products, each (ideally) corresponding to a suite of applications
> target described by a sort-of-specification.

Yes.

> the scope's really pretty broad so i think a little more detail about
> scaling out would be useful: how would stonehenge approach adding new
> suites especially when donated from outside the developers group?

I guess I imagined that there would be two approaches. One is that
someone might develop this outside of Stonehenge and then do a grant.
However, I would expect a more likely approach is that someone would
contribute via the normal JIRA / patch process. Do you see any issues
with either of these?

Thanks
Paul

--