incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asking for Feedback: CouchDB Graduation
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 00:53:04 GMT
I haven't been following CouchDB but a PMC of five seems small - you
only have to loose a couple of people and you're on the verge of not
being a viable project. I took a look through the lists and from what
I can see CouchDB entered incubation with four committers in February
(the proposal listed six, but apparently was a mistake[1]) and has
added one new person just over a month ago[2].

I know theres been a push to get projects to graduate, but IMO CouchDB
would benefit from growing its community a bit more first.

Also, since there have been two releases while here, I assume all the
due-dilligence has been completed, but the status page[3] has not been
completed to reflect that - so if you do go for graduation it would be
nice if that was updated first.

Niall

[1] http://couchdb.markmail.org/message/my725uiourw25qnm
[2] http://couchdb.markmail.org/message/hzge6ofddnknhqby