incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept ESME into the Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:01:19 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> My only concern is that from the description, the project appears to be
> run in real time, with decisions made "through collaborative
> decision-making on the mailing list, through daily scrum calls, via
> Twitter and using open discussion on ESME itself."

Good points.  If the project remembers one cardinal rule --- "If it didn't
happen on the dev@ list, it didn't happen", then all of these additional
tools can certainly be used to advance the project.

They simply aren't decision-making mechanisms, and are not valid as some
ordinal reference to "but we decided that..."

For example, httpd and apr use IRC to suppliment but never to replace the
dev@ developer forums.  Once an idea is hashed out, if it needs to be
presented to the developers, dev@ is the ***one and only*** forum.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: