incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: Cassandra Open Source Hullabaloo / Project Management Proposal
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:37:22 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

The initial thread was CC'd to the incubator, so I responded. For some
reason the guy's posting wasn't put through

The people on the thread are a bit suspicious, as they joined about 20m
after I posted the proposal to fork on their development list, and
started calling me names, but I'm guessing there is some emotion going
on because as I pronounced the project dead, and some people are
creating fake emails to troll/vent.

As I proposed it to the incubator, I'm trying to give you guys ALL the
sides of the picture, warts and all. Things are never rosy when a
project dies. there will be some hurt feelings.

I encourage people to look at the mail archives of the project:-
http://groups.google.com/group/cassandra-dev/topics?gvc=2 and
http://groups.google.com/group/cassandra-user/topics?gvc=2  to judge for
themselves