incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: POLOKA proposal in context of existing Apache projects
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 03:45:24 GMT
Deepal, that's cart before the horse .. this project needs to get to
graduation first :).

Serge, are you asking for the WS PMC to sponsor this project for incubation?

If so, how does this relate to the WS-Notification impl we already have on
top of Axis2? (Muse?) Having one by no means does not mean there can't be
another; just trying to understand the relationship.

Is there code already developed that you're looking to contribute to the
ASF? Or are you proposing to write new code?? The first line of the
proposal starts with "Poloka will be a standalone reference implementation
..". Later text suggests there's working code, but if there is no working
code the right model is to join the existing community and build on that
codebase.

What does "reference implementation" mean?

[Hi Peter (Niblett)! Long time :) ..]

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.