incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Stonehenge
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:27:04 GMT
Paul Fremantle wrote:
>> the scope's really pretty broad so i think a little more detail about
>> scaling out would be useful: how would stonehenge approach adding new
>> suites especially when donated from outside the developers group?
>
> I guess I imagined that there would be two approaches. One is that
> someone might develop this outside of Stonehenge and then do a grant.
> However, I would expect a more likely approach is that someone would
> contribute via the normal JIRA / patch process. Do you see any issues
> with either of these?

I actually expect that the way a true community will form around this
project is when the next application is something that is born out of
Stonehenge itself .. that is, someone proposes an idea and then we discuss
it, refine it, develop an architecture, document it and implement it in 17
different ways. In that case there could be external contribs and
JIRA/patch contribs too but most would be by project committers directly
writing the code.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.