incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] ESME - The Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 01:46:10 GMT
Is there any wire protocol standard involved with this? (Other than HTTP
of course.) Sorry for the dumb question but is there any way to make this
interop with twitter? Does twitter have a server-server communication /
federation model too like XMPP?

Apologies if these questions are RTFM type!

Sanjiva.

Darren Hague wrote:
> I would like to propose ESME as a project for the Apache Incubator.
>
> Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment (ESME) is a secure and highly
> scalable microsharing and micromessaging platform that allows people to
> discover and meet one another and get controlled access to other sources
> of information, all in a business process context. ESME is written in
> Scala and uses the Lift web framework.
>
> Please see http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ESMEProposal for details.
>
> Since this is my first Apache project, any and all feedback is welcome -
> I will call for a vote a few days after relevant messages on the list
> reduce to a trickle and people seem happy with the proposal.
>
> Best regards,
> Darren Hague

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/