incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] ESME - The Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 01:42:01 GMT
+1 .. very interesting! So if I understand correctly this is like twitter
for the enterprise? Except more generic somehow (not sure whether I get
the pluggability bits and how that works yet from reading the proposal
briefly).

If you need more mentors I'll be happy to help.

Sanjiva.

Darren Hague wrote:
> I would like to propose ESME as a project for the Apache Incubator.
>
> Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment (ESME) is a secure and highly
> scalable microsharing and micromessaging platform that allows people to
> discover and meet one another and get controlled access to other sources
> of information, all in a business process context. ESME is written in
> Scala and uses the Lift web framework.
>
> Please see http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ESMEProposal for details.
>
> Since this is my first Apache project, any and all feedback is welcome -
> I will call for a vote a few days after relevant messages on the list
> reduce to a trickle and people seem happy with the proposal.
>
> Best regards,
> Darren Hague

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/