incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] ESME - The Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 01:42:01 GMT
+1 .. very interesting! So if I understand correctly this is like twitter
for the enterprise? Except more generic somehow (not sure whether I get
the pluggability bits and how that works yet from reading the proposal

If you need more mentors I'll be happy to help.

Darren Hague wrote:
> I would like to propose ESME as a project for the Apache Incubator.
> Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment (ESME) is a secure and highly
> scalable microsharing and micromessaging platform that allows people to
> discover and meet one another and get controlled access to other sources
> of information, all in a business process context. ESME is written in
> Scala and uses the Lift web framework.
> Please see for details.
> Since this is my first Apache project, any and all feedback is welcome -
> I will call for a vote a few days after relevant messages on the list
> reduce to a trickle and people seem happy with the proposal.
> Best regards,
> Darren Hague
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder & Director; Lanka Software Foundation;
Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;
Member; Apache Software Foundation;
Visiting Lecturer; University of Moratuwa;

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message