incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Abdera Graduation to TLP
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:31:23 GMT
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Martijn Dashorst
<martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Garrett Rooney
> <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
>> After some brief discussion here and a vote on the Abdera private
>> list
>
> Why wasn't this done on dev@ (especially the vote)? The Apache Way(tm)
> suggests that these decisions should be done in public (a quick poll
> on private@ is not a problem)

The discussion included determining the list of people to put on the
final PMC list.  The actual list of Abdera committers was larger, but
many of them had not participated in the project in some time or at
all, or had explicitly left the project.  Since I didn't want to come
right out in a public forum and say "you know, I think committer X
doesn't deserve to be on the PMC" I started the discussion in private.

-garrett