incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Stonehenge
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:46:11 GMT

On Nov 4, 2008, at 11:34 AM, Paul Fremantle wrote:

> I'd like to propose Stonehenge as an incubator proposal.
>
> Stonehenge is a set of example applications for Service Oriented
> Architecture that spans languages and platforms and demonstrates best
> practise and interoperability.
>
> The full proposal is here: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/StonehengeProposal
>
> As ever, all feedback, positive or negative is welcome. Also, any
> further mentors are more than welcome!

Upon thinking about it, and talking with others, I really believe
that Stonehenge had the potential of being an extremely cool
effort. Not only for the code aspects, but even more importantly
the impact it could have in unifying SOA. Just like httpd allowed
HTTP to grow, by being a ref implementation, Stonehenge can allow
the same sort of thing with SOA.

+1

And please sign me up as a mentor! :)