incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: STATUS page confusion.
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:49:30 GMT
Hi Niclas,

On Nov 11, 2008, at 7:02 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Gang,
>
> The STATUS template says;
>
> <quote>
> Ask infrastructure to create source repository modules and grant the
> committers karma.
> </quote>
>
> But I have also been told on lists that the PMC Chair is responsible
> for Authorization.

The authorization to add projects to the incubator svn is granted to
members and incubator pmc members.

The authorization to change the authorization file (to create a new
project) is granted to pmc-chair, svnadmins, and board members.

So, Mentors can create the podling svn repository but a pmc chair
(incubator or friendly helper) needs to update the authorization file.

HTH,

Craig