incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenWebBeans - being a mentor / champion
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 00:23:22 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
> > I am a mentor / champion on the recently accepted OpenWebBeans effort.
> > Is it possible to become part of the Incubator PMC (I am an asf member),
> > in order to have some binding votes ? I think in the past we did the same
> > in our Trinidad effort with Martin van den Bemt.
>
> Technically speaking the question is "reversed". You need to be a PMC
> member before you can be a Mentor.
>
> OTOH, since you are ASF Member, just post a request to private@i.a.o,
> wait for an ACK and it should be done.

Yes, however that is only the process side of things.
Don't let it be a hold-up.

Here is something that Bill reminded on private@ recently ...

"... all ASF members can join any private ASF list, so go ahead and
subscribe to private@incubator.apache.org, and presume you are most
welcome as a mentor.

Committee updates will have to wait till Noel returns, be sure you nag
him again if this is forgotten."