incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ryan, Michael P" <michael.p.r...@intel.com>
Subject RE: any Incubator committer can edit the site
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:20:37 GMT
Thanks for the help, Craig.  I was able to commit the updates and the website appears to have
synced as well.

- Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:28 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: any Incubator committer can edit the site

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Craig L Russell wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > I found "a" problem that might be "the" problem. Can you try it now?

To decrypt: The Subversion authorisation was missing the
section that enabled the "tashi" group to edit Incubator pages.

> Hmmm.... I thought the STATUS page was a Mentor headache. What a relief!

Yes, this is a very important point. Each podling's group
of committers can edit the Incubator site, including their
status page under i.a.o/projects/ and the general guides
documentation.

This gets them used to acting as a PMC and not relying
on others.

If anyone notices documentation that is out-of-date
or unclear, then jump in and fix it.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html

-David