incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 13:53:48 GMT
On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 12:45 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Color me confused again, but during setup and formation of the Incubator,
> a podling had to graduate before doing a release.  It was rather well
> established before this rule was modified, but it seems that this change
> resulted in a number of different interpretations, some of which aren't
> compatible with the ASF license.

I will support the "initial intent" of no releases out of Incubator.
This not only puts an end to this discussion, incl Maven's stance that
policy enforcement is not their responsibility, but also accelerates
the need to graduate for podlings and hopefully make incubation
periods shorter. I would also move for requirement that Mentors remain
PMC members of the graduated project and overseas the initial
releases.

Cheers
Niclas