incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:33:35 GMT
What about allowing podlings to do release without using the
org.apache.* packages or the apache brand anywhere in the release ?
These would be just plain Apache Licensed releases without any ties to
the Apache brand.  Such releases, not endorsed by the ASF could be
synced to the central repo without any objections as there would be no
more ties to the Apache brand.   When the podling graduates, it could
use the org.apache packages as the ASF endorses the project.
This would be more incentive for the podling to graduate, without
adding barriers to be able to build the community.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet