incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: status of PGP support in Maven
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:48:20 GMT
The current plugin stores the checksum in a checksum.txt file that
sits alongside of the pom.xml in the source code.

Doing it in separate file makes adding new checksums a little easier,
plus I'm not sure it would be valid to extend the pom XML schema in
the way you described.
Another reason that putting it in the pom might not be a good idea, is
that we also include all the checksums for transitive dependencies
that are not explicitly listed in the pom.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
>> Because we would be including the checksum in the source code of the
>> project that needs the dependency.
>
> Is the idea to do this in the POM or similar? Having something like:
>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
>            <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
>            <version>2.3</version>