incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:09:06 GMT
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> Do people think that we shouldn't make such a distinction, or that we
> should perhaps explicitly consider "community quality" as a release
> criteria?

Getting releases out of the incubator is difficult and subjective enough as
it is. Without regular releases it would be nearly impossible to build a
community around a project. Without being able to do that, why would anybody
engage in this process in the first place?

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt