incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: status of PGP support in Maven
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:21:16 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Being in the camp "I hate Maven too"

I hate Maven's lack of authentication, the potential for widespread damage,
and am immensely frustrated by their *years* of willfully negligent handling
thereof.

> I would like to swap Noel's statement around and ask; Why doesn't
> security concerned individuals participate in the Maven effort?
> Lead by example and not by bashing...

They have received constructive input for years.  They continue to do so.
Jason's comments appear to echo the old-school negligence that I'd hoped the
Maven PMC was at long last starting to be cured of.

	--- Noel