incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: status of PGP support in Maven
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:21:14 GMT
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > We don't have to.  We can simply mandate that every ASF project sign
> > artifacts and charge the Maven PMC with enforcing it.

> No. The Maven PMC is charged with developing software for the Apache
> Maven project.

You misunderstand.  I mean that the Maven code should enforce
authentication, not that the Maven PMC must police the repository.

> If we really want to put a distribution policy in place
> and enforce it, I can see us creating a repository PMC which does this

We already have that as a subgroup of Infrastructure.  The list has existed for *years*.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message