incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] apache-empire-db-2.0.4-incubating and apache-empire-struts2-ext-1.0.4-incubating release, 2nd round
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 07:42:45 GMT
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:23 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1

> though i do think for the next release all those separate licenses in the
> top level folder should be merged into the single LICENSE and NOTICE files.

And this is where I disagree strongly. Licenses for 3rd party
libraries should be separate from licenses covering the source code.
It is not like these licenses are not easy to find, nor easy to
overlook. In fact: putting them all in one file makes it impossible to
ascertain which license covers which product. A 64 page license file
is never read.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released