incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 08:49:32 GMT
Though I'm not in favor of dropping the community requirements for
graduation, I must disagree with the following, based on our license:

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> We are not yet confident that there will be a community actively
> developing that code, so we cannot vouch for its ongoing development or
> support. If you use the code, you use it at your own risk - that is, you
> may well find yourself having to maintain the code base yourself.

7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or agreed
to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor
provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR
CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without
limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT,
MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely
responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or
redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your
exercise of permissions under this License.

There are no warrantees when using Apache software. While we strive to
provide support and keep communities alive, there are no guarantees
that projects will be around after a (couple of) years(s). There are
several top level projects that have dissolved (because of internal
turmoil or lack of an active community), or are about to go that
route.

> I think helping build community is one of the
> things we can do well.

I agree.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released