incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject moving over from labs [Re: [Result] [Vote] accept Droids into incubation]
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 06:17:25 GMT
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 01:34, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
>> Can the PMC ACK this result and we'll start the next step of the
>> process?
>
> No ACK needed, as it was the Incubator PMC itself who just voted.
>
>> Regarding the svn move ATM there are two trees under development
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/trunk
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/branch/LABS-144/
>>
>> Where the latest has become kind of trunk. We can merge them if this
>> will ease the work of migrating.
>
> I don't think you need anything more complicated than an svn move of
> labs/droids to incubator/droids. Whether or how you want to merge
> branches is a project decision that's up to you and the other
> committers.

There is one additional step.
According to the lab's bylaws[1], this labling wants to change its
status from 'active' to 'promoted'.
This is done by a majority vote of the lab PMC + the labling's PI and
it should take place on labs@labs.a.o.
I think this vote will just go through easily, as we have discussed
the transition in all details over at labs already.
The incubator is not involved with this - I am just posting here in context.
If people have a different take on this process: please post over at labs.

thanks,

  Bernd

[1] http://labs.apache.org/bylaws.html