incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL - OpenWebBeans Project Proposal]
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:26:41 GMT
Gurkan-

have you tried to ping the Guice folks ?

I wonder if they
a) would be interested in joining this effort, here at Apache (Crazy
Bob is an apache committer)
b) prefer to work on the RI, at JBoss (Crazy Bob is EG member)
c) have no steaks into the WebBeans effort

-Matthias

2008/10/13 Gurkan Erdogdu <gurkanerdogdu@yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, there are lots of places that I could propose my project, but I think that
open source development with the Apache Way conveys the real Free and Professional Open Source
Project with meritrocracy in action.

> This code could be part of the Geronimo project as its Web Beans container, or could
be the top level project its own. I only know that there is only one effort to create RI,
this is the JBoss RI  (Pete Muir is responsible for implementing, Gavin King for creating
the spec) at the web side http://seamframework.org/WebBeans. And its implementation is in
the early stage.

> Indeed, Apache way implementation makes different from the others, because and most importantly
its developed based on the Apache Way and it also creates additions to the RI with creating
add-on components that are based on the other Apache projects, such as, OpenEJB, OpenJPA,
JSecurity, ActiveMQ etc, possible. Morevoer, It's always good to have multiple implementations
of a spec so enterprise community benefits from the different imlpementations, and they choose
the best (Like MyFaces and Sun JSF imeplemtnations.)

> I am ready for doing lots of work to this project progresses. Moreover, I get some great
response from the below individuals to help this project succesfull,

> - Kevan Miller : As a mentor and partly committer
> - Conny Lundgren : JSR-299 EG member as a committer.
>
> And also, I think the committer number is increased by the time.
>
> As I said in the beginning, I believe that open source must be transparent, and the community
appreciates the heavy working to implement this spec within the Apache Foundation.

> Sincerely;
>
> Gurkan Erdogdu

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf