incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: accommodate non-native-English-writing developers
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:12:26 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> For example, some key parts of its puzzle are
> developed by Japanese people. Other parts by
> English-speaking people. Some of these people
> can read/write English, but others are not
> at all comfortable.

> Does anyone here have some tips for conducting
> an open development project that accommodates
> multi-lingual developer participation?
>
> -David

I suspect the issues will be more than just linguistic. Last year at
ApacheCon, Atlanta, J Aaron Farr gave an excellent talk titled "Open
Source in China".  I didn't spot his presentation for download from the
Apache site [1], but perhaps he might be able to make it available?

cheers,

 -jean

[1] http://www.us.apachecon.com/us2007/