incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuous Build environment?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:48:12 GMT
Scott,

At Apache there's generally no need to sign automatic builds.  Releases
need to be signed, but they're not generated automatically, but are the
result of voting, a manual process.  Automated builds are for testing,
not for use outside the project.  We mostly only care whether automatic
builds succeed without error.  Automatically-built artifacts have no
other guarantees, so signing seems unnecessary.

Doug