incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new tool "clutch" assist oversight of all podlings
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:57:34 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Data files are also generated so that other tools can easily
> > re-use the metadata for the set of projects currently in incubation.
> >
> >  * clutch.txt - list of project names, one per line.
> >  * Structured list of various details. Not yet happening
> >    - need to decide which format (N3, DOAP, etc.) and which
> >      attributes to be stored.
>
> RDFa has the advantage that the X(HT)ML document can be viewed
> adequately in a browser

I had wondered about that too. Is it easy to generate
that output without the support of an rdf module?
Note that i am trying to keep the dependencies of
Clutch to an absolute minimum, so that any incubator
committer can run it.

One approach that i have been considering is to dump
the data from clutch to a Python "pickle" file, then
run a separate process which connects to people.apache.org
(like you do with the "audit" scanner) where we could
have the necessary Python modules installed to easily
generate other data output files.

-David