incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new tool "clutch" assist oversight of all podlings
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:44:05 GMT
Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> Really cool, useful and in one word: wow.
>
> Additional features could be
>  * to scan the svn logs for to see if there's any activity (last week,
> last month, ever), and by how many different committers
>  * to scan the dev@ list archives to see if there's any activity (last
> week, last month, ever)
>  * to scan the issue tracker (or issue list) for any action
>  * to list the number of committers (and growth since incubation
> started, requires date added column in status file), added in the last
> quarter, half year, year
>
> Controversial (could be considered intruding on the mentor role):
> (or more than there should be)

Other columns could be added. Please add whatever you reckon.

Some of those features are addressed by some Apache Labs.

This "Clutch" tool will become rather cumbersome. It would
be ideal if other tools could focus on specific tasks and
generate output that can just be gathered by Clutch.

Now that we have a reliable list of projects in incubation
(i.e. clutch.txt) other tools have a list to work with.

-David