incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept VCL into Apache Incbator
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 03:06:41 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> >
> >Thanks Bill.  Following the bouncing ball from our documentation
> >(http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html ):

i.e.
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html#Acceptance

> >*If that vote is affirmative, the Sponsor will propose to the
> >Incubator PMC (referencing the voting result e-mail) that your
> >candidate project be accepted by the Incubator as a Podling . The
> >Sponsor will assign Mentors. The Mentors may include your original
> >Champion. If not, it is expected your Champion will remain involved
> >during the rest of the Incubation process, providing as much
> >assistance as possible.*
> >
> >The process was clear as mud to me  :-P
>
> I agree that this is a source of confusion. If the Sponsor is *not*
> the incubator, then the paragraph you cited applies. If the Sponsor
> *is* the incubator, nothing else is required.
>
> Care to write a patch? ;-)

I detected this same confusion a few days ago.
It is a different location to Matt's reference above.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-93
"Incubation_Policy.html#Acceptance+By+Incubator needs clarification or be followed"
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Acceptance+By+Incubator

-David