incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:14:32 GMT
On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >> Why should things be more complex for the users of project B?
> >
> > It wouldn't. Project B would have the incubator repository included in
> its
> > list.
>
> If that's the case, then what's the point of having a separate repository?

That the project B would have to, as much as possible, conscientiously add
that dependency as long as it's not in the central repo.

Again, we can't block anybody, even the Maven PMC (I certainly wouldn't go
that way), from putting that incubator release in the central repo. But we
can try to live by the principles we use to run the incubator and not be
proactive about it.

Matthieu