incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <>
Subject Re: status of PGP support in Maven
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:49:59 GMT
2008/9/15 William A. Rowe, Jr. <>:
> Brett Porter wrote:
>> For the releases to be identified as from the incubator, they'll need to
>> be
>> signed solely by "the incubator". Did you want to elaborate on how you
>> anticipated that set up working?
> With PGP it's a web of trust.  Any ASF-role key would never be used to sign
> any artifact.  Ideally, ASF-key would sign incubator key, incubator key
> would sign Jane's key, Jane would RM and sign with her own key, and the web
> of trust satisfies the trust requirement.
> For additional commands, e-mail:

That would requires a complete isolated web of trust for the incubator
release.  If the incubating web of trust is trusted by someone that I
trust, then I would trust the incubating artefact without realising
that this artefact comes from the incubator.
I thought the objectif was to force the user to agree that he
understandd he is using an incubating artefact.

I have the impression that I missunderstand something here.  But what?

Gilles Scokart

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message