incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:29:12 GMT
On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Roland Weber <ossfwot@dubioso.net> wrote:

> Users who would care about "incubating" disclaimers will
> find those via Maven too. Users who don't care will ignore
> them no matter what you do. You can't force users to care.

Although I agree with your standpoint, your argument doesn't hold
water. Maven have the nastiness/"cool feature" that transitive
dependencies are near invisible to users. So although projectA thinks
that Incubating releases are Ok, projectB/companyC may not think so
but think that projectA is pretty cool... One really need to go
looking for them.

Cheers
Niclas