incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <>
Subject Re: Incubator Maven repo [WAS Re: [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository]
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:48:35 GMT
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Noel J. Bergman <> wrote:

> Maven is *too* transparent in what it does: it hides the disclaimer,
> preventing the POLICY of ensuring that users are explicitly aware of and
> agree to use of Incubator artifacts.

We I think this could easily be fixed with proper notice in source
distro.  I.E. maven may hide the disclaimer, but it's just a build
tool after all.  If notice needs to be given, then that notice should
be in the README or the NOTICE file.

Open Source SOA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: