incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: Incubator Maven repo [WAS Re: [VOTE] [POLICY] Allow extra release distribution channels like the central Maven repository]
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:19:08 GMT
Matthieu Riou wrote:

> > Exactly - that's when "actual users" are software developers, which is
> > the case for many of our projects.

> Precisely. And those should be aware of disclaimers if those serve any
> purpose.

Maven is *too* transparent in what it does: it hides the disclaimer,
preventing the POLICY of ensuring that users are explicitly aware of and
agree to use of Incubator artifacts.

If the Maven PMC would get off its collective arse and enforce artifact
signing, we could put this issue to bed, since users would have to approve
the signing keys.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: