incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Dixson <jadix...@cisco.com>
Subject Etch - next step toward incubation?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:04:53 GMT
So we had a vote and there were plenty of binding votes for incubation
([VOTE RESULT] ->
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200809.mbox/%3CF7
95765B112E7344AF36AA911279641507EA165F@xmb-sjc-212.amer.cisco.com%3E )

So now what? Is there supposed to be an acknowledgement by the PMC?

According to the bootstrap section of the Mentor guide here are the steps:

   1. Ensure Mentors are on the IPMC [Mentors]
   2. Initialize project status page [IPMC member]
   3. Start orientation [Prospective committers]
   4. Start CLA and CCLA submission [Prospective committers]
   5. Start IP Clearance [IPMC member]
   6. Request Required Resources
         1. Mailing Lists [Infrastructure Team]
                * Consider and plan transition to official mailing lists
         2. Subversion [IPMC]
         3. Issue Tracking [IPMC]
                * Consider and plan issue tracking transition
   7. Add podling to reporting schedule [IPMC member]
   8. Create website [Prospective committers]
         1. Consider and plan web site transition

I have all of the CLA's and the CCLA ready to send out, should I go ahead
and do that, or should I wait until someone from the PMC actually asks for
them?

--
James