incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: seeking clarification wrt ip-clearance processes
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:05:07 GMT
What the incubator guides currently say about importing code http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-ip-clearance

  implies that the code that's imported has the old license text, and
it's cleaned up in the incubation process.

For an existing TLP, the guide doesn't apply. But since best practice
in incubation seems to be to import exactly what was in the external
repo, I don't see that an existing project should have an issue. I
would put the imported code into a special part of the TLP's
repository (e.g. tlp/import next to tlp/trunk) just to make sure it
isn't accidentally shipped.

Of course, running RAT on the release would catch it but still...

Craig