incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Depending on incubating project
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:28:53 GMT

On Sep 15, 2008, at 10:03 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> - legal, as while incubating, AFAIK, JSecurity can't release,
>> when FtpServer can : how does it fit ?
>
> Not a legal issue, unless there is a legal issue blocking JSecurity
> releases.  MINA should first work with JSecurity to make sure that all
> issues are resolved, first, e.g., any IP issues.  Once done, the
> actual
> bottom line is that if the MINA project wants to release JSecurity
> as an
> *internal* dependency, that is the MINA project's "problem" to
> support.

Geronimo has released with multiple Incubator project dependencies in
the past (CXF, Yoko, ActiveMQ). Happily, they've all graduated :) In
this regard, not that Geronimo can take much credit, I think usage of
Incubator projects is a good thing. It brings additional Apache eyes
onto the project...

FYI, we included their Incubator "Disclaimer" in our source/artifacts
-- not that it was really necessary, but seemed appropriate.

--kevan