incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC4)
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:21:08 GMT
2008/9/4 Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>:

> Definitely a big step in the right direction, however......
>
> The ruby, c++, and python packages don't have the disclaimer in them.
>
> The Java licenses file mentions the EPL, but I didn't see any eclipse licensed
> jars and stuff.   I could have missed it though.   Not a big deal though.
>

> Dan

Thanks for catching that Dan I've put the missing files in now. The
Java Management Console is and Eclipse bundle though we don't release
it as a standalone component to run it or compile it you will need a
variety of EPL jars.

At some point we may have individual releases of the broker, client
and management console but for M3 just now they are a single Java
release.

Regards,

Martin

> On Tuesday 02 September 2008 5:25:08 pm Aidan Skinner wrote:
>> There were some problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files in RC3 (is
>> there a good guide to this anywhere? having all the individual
>> licenses in LICENSE seems odd to me...) so I've rolled RC4[1]  and
>> would like to restart the vote to release Apache Qpid M3.
>>
>> I started the vote on qpid-dev at 2008-08-22:
>> http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
>> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>>
>> There were:
>> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
>> 0 0's
>> 0 -1's
>>
>> Which were cast by:
>> Alan Conway
>> Arnaud Simon
>> Martin Ritchie
>> Gordon Sim
>> Carl Trieloff
>> Yoav Shapira (binding)
>> Rajith Attapattu
>> Lahiru Gunathilake
>>
>> Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC4/
>> Release notes are located here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&sty
>>leName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create
>>
>> Please vote to:
>> [+1] Release Apache Qpid M3
>> [0] que?
>> [-1] No, there's still an issue with it which needs to be corrected
>>
>> - Aidan
>>
>> [1] I ran release.sh and uploaded the output, ritchiem did the actual
>> leg work for this one
>

> --
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org