incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Depending on incubating project
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:06:02 GMT
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com> wrote:
>> Within Apache FtpServer, a subproject of MINA, we would like to
>> investigate the use of JSecurity to replace our current home-brewed
>> security solution. Now, JSecurity is still in incubation. Would this
>> pose a formal problem?
>
> If you can "complement" instead of "replace", then I think you have an
> ideal situation.

Yes, this is probably how things will work out anyways. At least for
some time until we have had the time to do the full replacement.
However, pretty much everything that is currently in FtpServer
security-wise has a better replacement in JSecurity. So, for the
long-run I think a full replacement would be the best option. But,
while JSecurity is incubating, this might be a good option, also to
have us get a better feeling for JSecurity before betting fully on it.

/niklas