incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Depending on incubating project
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:54:06 GMT
Hi

Within Apache FtpServer, a subproject of MINA, we would like to
investigate the use of JSecurity to replace our current home-brewed
security solution. Now, JSecurity is still in incubation. Would this
pose a formal problem? I believe I fully understand the risks
involved, I'm more in search for guidance on Apache policies on this
matter.

In this case, we could depend on the last non-Apache release (0.9)
while JSecurity works its way through incubation. But, I think it
would be beneficial for both projects for us to use the upcoming
Apache released versions.

/niklas