incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: On incubating releases
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 23:08:23 GMT
On 27-Sep-08, at 6:37 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> And since we are paying for it...who (maven pmc?) exactly is tasked
> with taking care of it?

I pay for it (which I don't mind, as I consider it part of my
obligation to the Maven user base), and Contegix is responsible for
taking care of it 24/7.  And in recent months with abuse it pretty
much takes monitoring all the time, and the general increase in use
required us to put in a load balancer, another machine, and a private
network for high speed backups. Contegix is an amazing outfit and
you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who isn't impressed with them.
The central repository is in very good hands.

> thanks,
> dims
>
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 6:13 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

>>> The ASF has not absorbed the Maven server.
>>
>> Color me confused for having approved colocation expenses some
>> 2 meetings back.  This did not happen or will not happen?

> --

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl